Can you see why I just LOVE Frankincense!? Frankincense has had a great affect on things like headaches and I love adding it to an inhaler for use when a headache comes on. Frankincense blends well with coniferous and citrus oils, but also with other resins, such as Myrrh, spicy oils, especially Clove and Ginger, and intense florals such as Jasmine and Ylang Ylang.
Here is a great recipe for headache and neck tension using Frankincense:
- 3 drops of Lavender (Bulgaria)
- 6 drops of Frankincense
- 2 drops of Rosemary ct camphor
- 1 drop of Eucalyptus Globulus
- 1 drop of Helichrysum Essential Oil (Corsica)
- 1 ounce of unscented lotion or carrier oil of your choice I like to use Organic Jojoba which is also nourishing to the skin.
- Blend together into your 30 ml (1 ounce) glass bottle and apply to back of neck, temples, or inhale as tension arises.